Emmitsburg, Md. (March 24, 2019) - The Mount St. Mary's women's tennis team was topped 6-1 by George Mason on Sunday afternoon. Junior Alexa Quintanilla scored the only match point for the Mount on the loss. With the win in the first flight of singles action, Quintanilla now has a team leading 11 wins on the season.
- The Patriots clinched the match victory after they won the number two singles flight. George Mason tabbed wins in all of the flights except for the first flight.
- In flight number one, Alexa Quintanilla won the only point for Mount St. Mary's after she downed Sydney Green 6-4, 6-4.
- Freshman Taylor Cook fought hard in the number four flight to force a third tie-breaker set but was edged by Hannah Harrod 2-6, 6-3, 10-8.
- The Patriots recorded the point from doubles action after they won the first and second flights.
- George Mason grabbed a win in the number two flight to begin doubles competition before the Mount duo of Taylor Cook and Mia Pittman won the third flight that evened doubles up at 1-1.
- Cook and Pittman defeated Hannah Yang and Rachel Lee 6-3.
- Sydney Green and Brianna Gibbs clinched the doubles point for the Patriots after they edged the number one flight from the Mount St. Mary's duo of Alexa Quintanilla and Hannah Davis 7-6 in a back and forth match.
The Mount women's team welcomes Towson for a mid-week matchup on Wednesday, March 27 at 3:00 PM.
Women: George Mason 6, Mount St. Mary's 1
1. Alexa Quintanilla (MSMW) def. Sydney Green (GM) 6-4. 6-4
2. Brianna Gibbs (GM) def. Megan Smith (MSMW) 6-4, 6-4
3. Hannah Yang (GM) def. Hannah Davis (MSMW) 6-4, 6-4
4. Hannah Harrod (GM) def. Taylor Cook (MSMW) 2-6, 6-3, 10-8
5. Jackie Nannery (GM) def. Mia Pittman (MSMW) 6-0, 6-0
6. Kayleigh Hahn (GM) def. Emma Blake (MSMW) 6-1, 6-2
Order of finish: (5,6,2,1,3,4)
1. Green/Gibbs (GM) def. Quintanilla/Davis (MSMW) 7-6
2. Harrod/Nannery (GM) def. Blake/Smith (MSMW) 6-4
3. Cook/Pittman (MSMW) def. Yang/Rachel Lee (GM) 6-3
Order of finish: (2,3,1)
Mount St. Mary's Women (1-12)
George Mason Women (10-4)