West Chester, Pa. (October 13, 2018) - The Mount St. Mary's women's rugby team was downed by West Chester 39-19 on Saturday afternoon. Ubaida Ahmed, Citlali Villegas, and Hanna Rojas-Rhodes each scored a try for the Mount in the loss while Maya Grassi added one conversion kick. West Chester's Lauren Madeline led the Golden Rams with three tries on the day.
West Chester 39, Mount St. Mary's 19
South Campus Rugby Pitch | West Chester, Pa.
Mount St. Mary's (3-2, 2-2 NIRA), West Chester (2-4, 2-4 NIRA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Mountaineers and the Golden Rams each scored a try to start out the first half. Lauren Madeline touched the ball across the touch line for West Chester and Ubaida Ahmed touched the ball down for the Mount.
- Madeline scored another try while Kylie Corless converted the kick after before the end of the first half to give the Golden Rams a 12-7 at the end of the half.
- Citlali Villegas tied the match up at 12-12 to start the second half by scoring a try for the Mount after West Chester turned the ball over.
- The Golden Rams opened up the match to a 39-12 lead after they went on a 27-0 run. Five different players scored the tries for West Chester.
- Hanna Rojas-Rhodes scored a try for Mount St. Mary's right before time expired.
The Mount travels to the University of New England for a match on Saturday, October 20 at 1:00 PM.