Posted: Mar 16, 2018
ABOUT THE MOUNT
- Mount St. Mary's has notched wins over Manhattan (12-8), Army (14-10), Presbyterian (16-0) and Fresno State (11-10) for a 4-3 overall record thru the opening seven games.
- Last time out, a late surge in the final minutes powered the Mount to a comeback win over Fresno State at Waldron Family Stadium. Rookie Beanie Colson tallied two goals and one assist in the final six minutes of play to lead the Mount back from a late two-goal deficit and on for the victory. Colson registered a career-high five points (4g, 1a) on the afternoon to lead all scorers, while four other Mountaineers collected multi-point games. Jillian Petito posted a season-high 14 saves for the second consecutive game to get the win, and finished with a .583 save percentage in the tilt.
- The Mountaineers continue to boast one of the nation's toughest defenses, ranking fifth in the country in goals against average at just 8.14 allowed per game. Petito has been a big part of that, as the junior net minder is fourth in the nation in GAA (7.89). The junior has held opponents to single-digit goals in four games thus far, including the Mount's third-ever shutout in program history in the win at Presbyterian.
- The Mount owns a 3-12 record against George Washington in the all-time series, including a 2-6 mark on the Colonials' home field. The two teams last met in 2016, with GW pulling out a tight 9-8 victory in Emmitsburg.
- Goals: Miller (15), Carhart (14), Colson (12)
- Assists: Miller (9), Colson (6), Heller (4), Pagnotta (4)
- Points: Miller (24), Colson (18), Carhart (16)
- Ground balls: Petito (24), Davis (14), Miller (11)
- Caused turnovers: Davis (12), Petito (8), Heller (7)
- Draw controls: Colson (37), Daufenbach (21), Davis (15)
- Save pct: Petito (.551)
SCOUTING GEORGE WASHINGTON
- The Colonials are riding a three-game winning streak, having topped Robert Morris (9-7), Bucknell (16-9) and American (14-11) in the last two weeks, and sit at 5-1 overall this season.
- GW is averaging 13.50 goals per game, led by Brook Sands (9g, 10) and Jocelyn Donohue (17g, 1a). Jenna Oler has started five of six games in goal, posting a .583 save percentage and 8.49 goals against average.
- The Mount wraps up a two-game road swing with a contest at Radford next Saturday (March 24) at noon.