Posted: Dec 01, 2017
ABOUT THE MOUNT
- Last time out at Lehigh, Mount St. Mary's led for the majority of the game, but Lehigh pushed past the Mount late in the fourth quarter to escape with a 75-71 victory at Stabler Arena, dropping the Mount to 0-6 on the year. Kayla Agentowicz led the way for the Mount with 20 points on 7-of-11 shooting from the field and a 4-for-6 mark from downtown, as the sophomore posted her third straight 20-plus point performance. Daly Sullivan also drilled four three-pointers in the contest for a career-high 14 points, while Juliette Lawless and Katrice Dickson netted 12 points apiece.
- With another 20 points against Lehigh, Kayla Agentowicz has now netted 20-plus points in each of the last three contests. Her performances against Fairfield, Morgan State and Lehigh are the three highest scoring games of her young career. In the contest at Fairfield, Agentowicz set new career highs in points (24), field goals made (10), three-pointers made (4) and minutes (40). She became the first Mountaineer with 10-plus field goals in a game on the road since Sydney Henderson made 11 at American back in 2013.
- Sophomores Kayla Agentowicz and Ashlee White have led the Mount's offense to open the season, averaging 13.7 and 9.8 points per game, respectively. White has logged double-digit points in four of six games, while Agentowicz' three straight 20-plus point efforts have moved her into the team-lead in scoring.
- The Mount owns a 23-15 advantage over Loyola in the all-time series as the teams are set to square off for the 39th time on Saturday. Last season, Loyola squeaked by the Mountaineers with a 58-53 victory in Baltimore behind a 19-point effort from Alexis Gray off the bench. Mikal Johnson paced the Mount with 15 points, while Alexis Carter and Katrice Dickson added 12 apiece.
- Loyola sits at 2-4 on the year with wins over Cornell (78-63) and Norfolk State (61- 58), and losses to George Mason (80-72), Georgetown (72-54), Marquette (83-63) and William & Mary (70-49).
- Stephanie Karcz and Izzy Therien have led the way for the Greyhounds, averaging 17.2 and 17.0 points per game, respectively. Karcz also tops the squad with 8.2 rebounds per contest. As a team, Loyola is averaging 62.8 point per game while surrendering 71.0 to opponents.
- Mount St. Mary's heads to College Park to take on Maryland on Wednesday, December 6 at 6:30 p.m.