MOUNT ST. MARY'S (8-19, 6-10 NEC) vs. ST. FRANCIS BROOKLYN (7-20, 4-12 NEC)
Saturday, February 27 | 1 p.m.
Pope Physical Education Center | Brooklyn Heights, N.Y.
The Mount St. Mary's University women's basketball team hits the road for a crucial matchup at St. Francis Brooklyn on Saturday, February 27 at 1 p.m. With a victory, the Mountaineers would clinch a spot in the Northeast Conference playoffs for the fifth straight season and seventh time under Head Coach Bryan Whitten.
• The Mount held off Central Connecticut on Monday to earn a 59-55 victory and complete the season sweep of the Blue Devils. Senior Sarafina Arthur-Williams converted a three-point play with just 14 seconds left in the contest to seal the win for the Mountaineers. Jessica Harris registered a team-high 13 points on 6-of-9 shooting and Arthur-Williams added 12, including the game-winning three point play, to lift the Mount to victory.
• Jody Chickey tallied six assists in Monday's win over Central Connecticut, marking the 11th time this season the senior has posted five or more assists in a contest. Chickey, who has a career-high 99 helpers on the year, leads all players in the NEC averaging 4.0 per contest.
• The Mountaineers continue to shine on the defensive end as they own the second-best scoring defense in the conference, allowing just 62.6 points per game to opponents. Mount St. Mary's also has the second-best field goal percentage defense, holding opponents to a 39.2-percent mark from the field. The Mount has held its opponents to 60 points or less in four of the team's last six contests.
• Mount St. Mary's owns an 8-3 record this season when holding opponents under 60 points.
• The Mountaineers will match up with the Terriers for the 54th time in series history on Saturday with the Mount owning a 49-4 advantage, including a 22-3 mark on the road. Earlier this season, Mount St. Mary's downed St. Francis Brooklyn by a 66-56 final at Knott Arena. Alexis Carter led the way with a team-high 18 points, while Jessica Harris (15 pts.), Jody Chickey (12) and Kayla Bates (10) also posted double-digit scoring nights.
ABOUT ST. FRANCIS BROOKLYN
• The Terriers sit in ninth place in the Northeast Conference with a 4-12 mark in league play. They enter Saturday's matchup having won two of their last three games after topping Bryant (58-57) and Robert Morris (72-65 OT).
• St. Francis Brooklyn is averaging 58.9 points per game, led by senior guard Leah Fechko, who tops the squad with 15.2 points a contest. Fechko also leads all Terriers with 8.7 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game. Forwards Maria Palarino (8.9 ppg) and Olivia Levey (8.0) are the team's other top threats on the offensive end.
The Mount hosts Sacred Heart in the regular season finale on Monday, February 29 at 7 p.m.