MOUNT ST. MARY'S (6-17, 4-8 NEC) vs. SAINT FRANCIS U (9-14, 7-5 NEC)
Saturday, February 13 | 12 p.m.
Knott Arena | Emmitsburg, Md.
Mount St. Mary's University women's basketball hosts Saint Francis U this Saturday, February 13 at 12 p.m. on the Mount's Senior Day. The game will be streamed live on ESPN3.com. Mount St. Mary's will honor seniors Sarafina Arthur-Williams, Jody Chickey and Jayla Leftwich with a pregame ceremony to honor their contributions to the program throughout their four years.
Mount St. Mary's will also hold a halftime presentation to honor Mount icons Susie Rowlyk and Bill Sheahan, who were both inducted into the NEC Hall of Fame in late January. Click here to read more about their inductions.
· The Mountaineers topped Wagner last time out, 59-50, to earn the season sweep over the Seahawks while improving to 4-8 in NEC play. Alexis Carter led the way with her second career double-double as the junior finished the night with 12 points and a career-high 15 rebounds. Sophomore Jessica Harris chipped in with 12 points, including eight in the second half, and also added eight rebounds.
· The double-double was the fourth of the season for the Mount, as all four have come within the last two and a half weeks. Harris posted the first of the season for the Mountaineers with an 18-point, 12-rebound performance at Sacred Heart, and Carter followed it up with 19 points and 13 rebounds the following game for the first of her career. Sarafina Arthur-Williams posted her seventh career double-double (13 pts, 12 reb) against LIU Brooklyn, before Carter's most recent one against Wagner.
· Seniors Sarafina Arthur-Williams, Jody Chickey and Jayla Leftwich have combined to play in 231 games at the Mount, including 53 this season. Arthur-Williams and Chickey both rank among the top-100 on the Mount St. Mary's all-time career scoring list. Arthur-Williams places 71st on the list with 418 career points, while Chickey sits just behind her with 414 career points.
· The Mount sits just one win shy from becoming the first NEC women's basketball program to reach 700 victories in program history. The Mountaineers have posted 20 or more wins in a season 17 different times.
· Mount St. Mary's matches up with Saint Francis U for the 61st time in series history on Saturday with the Red Flash holding a 32-28 advantage despite the Mountaineers' 19-12 mark on their home court. In the meeting between the two teams earlier this season, the Red Flash raced past the Mount by an 87-57 final. Carter led the Mount with a team-best 16 points, while freshman Juliette Lawless notched a career-high eight and Harris and Katrice Dickson each added seven.
ABOUT SAINT FRANCIS U
· The Red Flash currently sit in fourth place in the NEC with a 7-5 mark in league play. They've lost two of their last three, falling to Fairleigh Dickinson (73-72) and Central Connecticut (79-59), before topping conference leader Bryant by an 85-72 margin last time out. Jessica Kovatch and Cydney Smith registered 25 points apiece to lead the Red Flash in the win over the Bulldogs.
· Saint Francis U leads the NEC with 75.2 points per contest, but also ranks last in scoring defense, allowing an average of 78.1 points per game to opponents. Kovatch ranks second in the conference with 22.3 points a game, and leads all players in the league by a wide margin with 79 three-pointers made.
The Mountaineers host Fairleigh Dickinson on Monday, February 15 at 7 p.m. Live video of the contest can be seen for free at NECFrontRow.com