MOUNT ST. MARY'S (5-17, 3-8 NEC) vs. WAGNER (4-18, 2-9 NEC)
Monday, February 8 | 7 p.m.
Spiro Sports Center | Staten Island, N.Y.
Mount St. Mary's University women's basketball wraps up its two-game road swing with a contest at Wagner on Monday, February 8. Tip-off from Spiro Sports Center is set for 7 p.m., and live action can be seen for free at NECFrontRow.com
· The Mount was clipped by LIU Brooklyn on Saturday, falling by a final of 53-50 at the Steinberg Wellness Center in Brooklyn. Sarafina Arthur-Williams paced the Mountaineers with a team-high 13 points and 12 rebounds, while senior Jody Chickey and sophomore Jessica Harris combined for 15 points to help pace the Mount in the contest. The back-and-forth tilt featured 16 lead changes, and neither team led by more than five points at any point in the game.
· Arthur-Williams collected her first double-double of the season and seventh of her career with the 13-point, 12-rebound performance. The double-double was the third of the season for the Mount, as all three have come within the last two weeks. Jessica Harris (18 pts, 12 reb at Sacred Heart) and Alexis Carter (19 pts, 13 reb vs. Wagner) have registered the other double-doubles for the squad this season
· The Mountaineers registered their second-highest scoring output of the season in last Monday's tilt against Robert Morris, finishing the game with 67 points, including 29 in the fourth quarter. The team owns a 2-3 record on the year when scoring over 60 points, and a 5-3 mark when holding opponents under 60.
· The Mount's defense continues to shine this season as it ranks second in the Northeast Conference in both scoring defense (62.3 ppg allowed) and field goal percentage defense (39.3-percent allowed). The Team held LIU Brooklyn to just 53 points on Saturday, marking the fourth-lowest scoring output by an opponent this season.
· Mount St. Mary's matches up with Wagner for the 56th time in series history on Monday with the Mount holding a 40-15 advantage, including an 18-7 mark on the road. The Mountaineers have won 11 straight games in the series after topping the Seahawks by a 64-55 margin just over a week ago. Alexis Carter notched her first career double-double with 19 points and 13 rebounds, while Katrice Dickson (15 pts.) and Jessica Harris (13) each contributed with double-digit scoring performances.
· The Seahawks dropped to Fairleigh Dickinson by a 73-57 margin on Saturday to fall to 4-8 overall and 2-9 in conference play on the year. Jasmine Nwajei once again topped the team in scoring with 23 points, while Tessa Wade chipped in with 12.
· Nwajei leads the nation in scoring with 27.5 points per contest and is averaging 33.5 per game in conference play. The junior has taken an astounding 41.8-percent of the team's field goal attempts and is shooting 38.6-percent from the field. Sofia Roma is tied for the NEC lead in rebounding, averaging 10.7 per game, including an average of 13.3 per contest in league play.
The Mount returns home for a tilt with Saint Francis U on Saturday, February 13 at 12:00 p.m. The game will be streamed live on ESPN3.com.