MOUNT ST. MARY'S (4-12, 2-3 NEC) vs. ROBERT MORRIS (10-6, 4-1 NEC)
Monday, January 18, 2016 | 2 p.m.
Moon Township, Pa. | Sewall Center
· Junior guard Alexis Carter scored a team-high 16 points on Saturday at Saint Francis U, but the Mount fell to the Red Flash to move to 2-3 in Northeast Conference play on the year. The Mount won two of their opening three league games before dropping the last pair to Bryant and Saint Francis.
· Carter led the team in scoring on Saturday for the eighth time this season while picking up her 11th double-digit scoring performance of the campaign. Freshman Juliette Lawless posted a career-high eight points on the afternoon, and fellow classmate Kate Kuster registered the first points of her career, going 1-of-3 from downtown.
· The Mount currently owns the second-best scoring defense in the Northeast Conference, holding opponents to 62.6 points per contest. The Mountaineers' field goal percentage defense also ranks second in the league as opponents are shooting just 39.2-percent from the field. The Mount held Central Connecticut to 48 points last Saturday, which marked the lowest scoring output against the Mountaineers this season.
· Carter continues to lead Mount St. Mary's in scoring and ranks 12th in the conference with 12.4 points per game. Sophomores Jessica Harris (9.8 ppg) and Katrice Dickson (6.8) rank second and third on the team in scoring, respectively. Carter and Harris are also the squad's top-two rebounders, combining for over 11 boards a game.
· Mount St. Mary's faces Robert Morris for the 55th time in series history on Monday with the Mount holding a 33-21 advantage, including a 14-12 mark on Robert Morris' home court. The Colonials won both matchups last season by finals of 66-44 and 68-44. In last year's tilt at the Sewall Center, Kathleen Belanger-Finn dropped a team-high 11 points to pace the Mount.
SCOUTING ROBERT MORRIS
· The Colonials sit at 10-6 overall on the year and are tied for second in the NEC with a 4-1 mark in league play. They entered Saturday's contest on a six-game winning streak before being knocked off by Fairleigh Dickinson, 83-68. Robert Morris' four victories in NEC play have come against Sacred Heart (78-63), Wagner (64-44), St. Francis Brooklyn (62-53) and LIU Brooklyn (52-49).
· Robert Morris tops the conference in scoring defense (59.7 ppg against), scoring margin (+7.1 ppg), field goal percentage (.403), and three-point percentage (.344).
· Junior guard A Niki Stamolamprou is the team's leading scorer with 14.0 points per game on .408 shooting from the field. Rebecca Navarro (8.9 ppg) and Megan Smith (8.8) are the team's other top scorers, while Smith also leads the team in rebounds with 6.0 per contest.
The Mountaineers head to Fairleigh Dickinson to take on the Knights on Saturday, January 23 at 2 p.m.