MOUNT ST. MARY'S vs. ST. FRANCIS BROOKLYN
Monday, January 4, 2016 | 4 p.m.
Emmitsburg, Md. | Knott Arena
The Mount St. Mary's University women's basketball team plays its second conference game of the season on Monday (Jan. 4) as the Mountaineers take on St. Francis Brooklyn at 4 p.m. at Knott Arena.
• The Mount opened its Northeast Conference slate on Saturday, falling to LIU Brooklyn by a 61-51 final despite 23 combined points from seniors Jody Chickey and Sarafina Arthur-Williams. Chickey posted a season-high 11 points and Arthur Williams added 12, including eight in the opening quarter.
• Chickey inched closer to the 200-career assist mark in the contest and now sits just one shy with 199 assists in her three-plus seasons at the Mount. The Bethlehem, Pa. product has tallied five or more helpers in four contests this year.
• The Mountaineers registered 42 rebounds in the matchup with LIU Brooklyn, marking the fourth time this season they've racked up 40 or more in a game. Alexis Carter, the team's leading scorer, and Kaitlyn Eisenhard both finished with nine rebounds to lead the way.
• Three of the team's top-six scorers this season are in their sophomore seasons. Forward Jessica Harris (9.5 ppg) and guard Katrice Dickson (7.4) rank second and third on the team in scoring, respectively, while redshirt sophomore center Kaitlyn Eisenhard (4.7) places sixth. Harris and Eisenhard are also two of the Mountaineers' top-three rebounders, combining for over 10 a game.
• Mount St. Mary's will take on St. Francis Brooklyn for the 53rd time in series history with the Mountaineers holding a 48-4 advantage, including a 25-1 mark at home. The two programs split a pair of matchups in 2015 as each team won on its home court.
SCOUTING ST. FRANCIS BROOKLYN
• The Terriers sit at 3-9 overall and 0-1 in NEC play following a 65-61 loss to Fairleigh Dickinson in their conference opener. Leah Fechko and Alex Delaney combined for 25 points and 11 rebounds to pace the offense.
• Fechko and Delaney are the Terriers top-two scorers this season, averaging 12.5 and 10.0 points per game, respectively. Fechko also tops the squad with 8.5 rebounds per contest.
• St. Francis Brooklyn and the Mount have one common opponent to this point in the season, Loyola. The Terries defeated Loyola by a 64-54 final two weeks ago, led by 13 points apiece from Maria Palarino and Olivia Levey.
The Mount hosts Central Connecticut State on Saturday (Jan. 9), with tip-off from Knott Arena scheduled for 4 p.m.