Mount St. Mary's women's basketball continues its road swing with a contest at Campbell on Saturday, November 21 at 1 p.m.
• The Mountaineers topped Delaware State 54-41 on Wednesday to earn their first victory of the season. The victory was the 694th in program history as the Mount looks to become the first NEC school to reach the 700-win plateau.
• Junior guard Alexis Carter led the team in scoring for the second consecutive contest, posting a team-best 17 points and nine rebounds. Sophomore Jessica Harris (12 pts.) and junior Kathleen Belanger-Finn (10) joined Carter as the team's other double digit scorers in the game.
• The Mount held Delaware State to just 22.2% shooting in the contest, including a 14.3% clip in the first half of play.
• Head Coach Bryan Whitten collected his 97th win at the Mount and his 317th overall as a Head Coach. Whitten ranks third all-time in wins in program history, trailing only Bill Sheahan (372 wins) and Vanessa Blair (120 wins).
• The Mount is averaging 64 points per game on 42.2% shooting through its opening two contests, while holding opponents 58.5 points per contest on 33.1% shooting from the floor.
• Mount St. Mary's and Campbell will meet for the fourth time in history with the Camels holding a 2-1 advantage. Last season, Campbell earned a 60-42 victory on its home court. Jody Chickey paced the Mount with 10 points in the contest.
• The Lady Camels edged North Carolina AT&T on Wednesday by a final of 56-55 to earn their second straight win and improve to 2-1. Prior to that, Campbell fell to UNC Pembroke (67-62) and topped N.C. Central (57-48).
• Campbell is averaging 58.3 points per game (38.2% FG) and allowing 56.7 (33.7%) to opponents. The Lady Camels have been outrebounded by 2.7 per game, averaging 39 a contest in their opening three games.
• Amanda Coffer and Raechaun Edwards are the team's leading scorers, averaging 14.3 ppg apiece. Coffer also tops the squad with 8.3 rebounds per contest.
The Mount stays on the road for a Tuesday (Nov. 24) matchup at Bucknell. Opening tip is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. from Sojka Pavilion.