A career high, a coaching milestone, a snow day and a Mount St. Mary's victory all make up the No. 10 moment on the Top 15 Moments of the 2013-14 season.
On a snowy February night in Emmitsburg, Mount women's basketball coach Bryan Whitten secured his 300th career coaching victory with the help of Jenn Carney's career-high 30 points. The Mountaineers defeated visiting Central Connecticut State, 69-55, to improve to 11-11 overall and 6-4 in the Northeast Conference.
With the ESPN3 cameras rolling, the Mount began a season-long eight-game winning streak by holding the Blue Devils to 17-of-51 shooting (33.3 percent). Carney, who had scored a combined 26 points in the previous nine NEC games, exploded for 30 points off the bench to surpass her previous career high of 10 points. It was the highest scoring output by a Mount player on the year.
It was also a night to remember for Whitten. Picking up his 80th career win at the Mount, Whitten reached the 300 mark with the aid of 220 career wins from King's College from 1993-2005.
2013-14 Mount St. Mary's Athletics Top 15 Moments
15. Record Breaking Shooting Performance Leads Mount Men's Basketball Past Norfolk State
14. Women's Lacrosse Beats Sacred Heart in Double Overtime
13. Mount Baseball Tops Maryland Again
12. Kristen Galligan Breaks Three Long-standing Distance Records
11. Blake and Zabetakis Earn First Team All-NEC
10. Carney Nets 30 Points for Mount Women's Basketball; Whitten Wins No. 300