opening tip... Monday's game between Mount St. Mary's and LIU Brooklyn marks the 47th meeting in the all-time series dating back to the 1989-1990 season.
• The Mount owns a 28-18 advantage in the series , including a win in January, 66-41 in Brooklyn.
• The series between the two schools has been back and forth of late.
about the blackbirds... LIU Brooklyn comes into the contest 6-20 overall and 3-12 in Northeast Conference play after defeating Wagner 61-41 in New York on Saturday.
• Senior C Tamika Guz paced the Blackbirds with 21 points. The senior was 9-17 from the field, including 3-6 from the charity stripe. Guz is averaging 10.5 ppg.
• Senior G/F Cleandra Roberts added 18 points and six rebounds against the Seahawks. Roberts was 8-9 from the field in 34 minutes of play.
• Senior G Krystal Wells added 10 points and two assists on Monday. She went 2-6 from the field and 4-6 from the free throw line against Wagner.
last time we met... The Mount won on January 12, 66-41 in Brooklyn. Sydney Henderson paced the Mount with 13 points, six rebounds, three assists and three steals. Tara Lonergan recorded 12 points while Jacqueline Brewer added 11 points. Kelly Robinson fueled the Blackbirds with nine points in the loss.
quick hits on st. francis game.. The Mount held off the Terriers on Saturday evening in Emmitsburg. Bulldogs 69-62. The Mount took the lead early at St. Francis held a lead at the half, 26-25.The Mount outscored the Terriers 24-22 in the second half to complete the comeback. The Mount got a 15 point performance by Jacqueline Brewer to pace the Mountaineers. The Mount had two players with 10 points.
• Redshirt Junior Sydney Henderson chipped in nine points. Henderson also chipped in six rebounds. The redshirt junior is averaging 13.5 points per game along with 6.0 rebounds on the season.
• Senior Tara Lonergan added 12 points, along with two rebounds, in the win against St. Francis. The senior also added two blocks in the contest.
• Sophomore Jacqueline Brewer finished with 15 points, along with three assists, one steal and one block in the contest.
• Mount St. Mary's will conclude their four game homestand against LIU Brooklyn on Monday.
• The Mount will head on a two game road trip (Fairleigh Dickinson and Monmouth) to end the regular season.
next on tap... The Mount will travel to FDU on Saturday, March 2. The game begins at 4:30 pm.
• The Mount will finish the regular season on the road against Monmouth. The Mount currently sits in 6th place in the NEC standings.