Orlando, Fla. (March 5, 2019) - The Mount St. Mary's men's and women's tennis teams were blanked by Keiser Univeristy on Tuesday night. The Mount men were topped 7-0 and the Mount women were also downed 7-0. With the losses, the men's squad falls to 1-9 on the year while the women's team drops to 0-9 so far on the 2019 spring season. Junior Gabriel Santos and Sophomore Parth Sharma forced a third tie-breaker set in the number one and two singles flights but dropped each of the final sets.
Keiser took control of the match after they swept the Mount in all six flights in singles competition. Parth Sharma won his first set in the first flight but then dropped the second and third set to Anthony Popyrin. Gabriel Santos took the second set in the number two spot to force a third tie-breaker set but fell to Riccardo Ferraris 7-6, 3-6, 1-0.
The Seahawks completed the clean sweep after taking the second and third flights of doubles action to earn the point from doubles competition. Alonso Garcia and Gabriel Santos were tied in their match in the number one flight 4-4 when they stopped the match because Keiser had already won the doubles point.
The Keiser women did the same thing the Keiser men did by winning all six singles flights to secure the overall match victory. Alexa Quintanilla fought hard in the number one singles flight but dropped the match 6-4, 6-3 to Daniela Farfan.
The Seahawks shutout the Mount after they took the point from doubles action. Farfan and Henrikson took the number two flight while Gabriel and Grela won the third doubles flight. Alexa Quintanilla and Hannah Davis did not finish their match at the number one spot because Keiser already had enough wins to earn the doubles point.
The Mountaineer men and women are back in action Thursday, March 7 at 11:00 AM when they take on Webber International.
Men: Keiser 7, Mount St. Mary's 0
1. Anthony Popyrin (Keiser) def. Parth Sharma (MSMM) 4-6, 7-5, 1-0
2. Riccardo Ferraris (Keiser) def. Gabriel Santos (MSMM) 7-6, 3-6, 1-0
3. Aurthur Bonnoud (Keiser) def. Alonso Garcia (MSMM) 6-3, 7-5
4. Julian Turosienski (Keiser) def. Jean Armstrong (MSMM) 6-1, 6-1
5. Gerard Rodriguez (Keiser) def. Evan Hine (MSMM) 6-1, 6-3
6. Oliver Koeng (Keiser) def. Christian Duran (MSMM) 6-0, 6-2
Order of finish: (6,5,4,3,1,2)
1. Ferraris/Fredrik Liljenburg (Keiser) vs. Alonso Garcia/Gabriel Santos (MSMM) 4-4 Did not finish
2. Bonnaud/Terosienski (Keiser) def. Jean Armstrong/Evan Hine (MSMM) 6-3
3. Koeng/Anthony Van Rompay (Keiser) def. Christian Duran/Parth Sharma (MSMM) 6-1
Order of finish: (2,3)
Women: Keiser 7, Mount St. Mary's 0