Posted: Nov 29, 2019
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (2-5) at HOWARD (0-8)
Saturday, November 30, 2019 | 4:00 pm
Burr Gymnasium | Washington, D.C.
NEWS AND NOTES
- Mount St. Mary's closed the game with an 8-to-1 run to rally past Utah Valley, 64-61, at Knott Arena on Tuesday night. Damian Chong Qui scored a career high 18 points, including an acrobatic lay-up to give the Mount a 63-60 lead with 12 seconds remaining, to pace the Mount in the victory. Jalen Gibbs added 15 points while Omar Habwe chipped in nine points and nine rebounds for the Mountaineers. The Mount trailed 60-56 with 2:39 remaining before rallying to the victory. Mount St. Mary's held Utah Valley to 34.9 percent shooting in the game.
- Mount St. Mary's has played the 17th-most difficult schedule in the nation this season according to the latest KenPom Rankings. Four of the Mount's seven games this season have been played against teams ranked in the top 150 by KenPom. The Mount also has played a pair of games against ranked opponents in No. 20 Washington and No. 9 Kentucky.
- This will be the first meeting between the Mount and Howard since an 82-62 Mount victory on Dec. 3, 1996. The Mountaineers are 3-1 all-time against the Bison, including a 1-1 record on the road.
- Damian Chong Qui scored a career high 18 points in the Mount's win over Utah Valley. The 5-8 sophomore guard hit 7-of-11 from the field and was 4-for-4 at the foul line in the game. He is averaging 14.5 points over the past two games. Chong Qui is 18-of-21 (.857) at the foul line on the year.
- Mount St. Mary's held Utah Valley to 34.9 percent shooting in its 64-61 win on Tuesday night at Knott Arena. The Mountaineers are holding opponents to 42.7 percent shooting on the season and 67.4 points per game. The Mount is second in the NEC in defensive efficiency this year (101.7).
- Up next, the Mountaineers will play at Grand Canyon on Tuesday, December 3, at 9:00 pm (ET).