Jan 25, 2019
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (5-15, 2-5 NEC) vs. ST. FRANCIS BROOKLYN (12-8, 4-3 NEC)
Saturday, January 26, 2019, 5 pm
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Mount held off LIU Brooklyn, 74-72, on Thursday night to move to 5-15 overall and 2-5 in the Northeast Conference. Vado Morse led the Mount with a career-high 24 points while Jalen Gibbs chipped in 19 in the win. The Mount led by as much as 10 points in the second half, and held off a late LIU rally to secure the win.
- Mount St. Mary's holds a 37-32 lead in the all-time series against the Terriers. The Mount is 9-3 over the past 12 matchups in the series, and has won seven in a row against St. Francis Brooklyn at Knott Arena. The last victory by St. Francis Brooklyn at Knott Arena was a 64-54 victory on December 1, 2011.
- Vado Morse, named the Northeast Conference Rookie of the Week on Wednesday, led the Mount with a career-high 24 points in the win over LIU Brooklyn on Thursday. Morse has scored in double figures in nine consecutive games, and he is fourth in the NEC in scoring in league games, averaging 16.1 points against NEC opponents.
- Sophomore Jalen Gibbs broke out of a mini shooting slump by tallying 19 points and six rebounds in the win over LIU. Gibbs was 6-for-11 from the field and 4-of-6 from three-point range in the win. He had been 4-for-17 from the field and 0-for-7 from three-point range the previous two games.
- The Mount was 10-of-29 (.345) from three-point range in the win over LIU Brooklyn, including 7-of-15 (.467) in the second half. It is the sixth time this season the Mount has made 10 or more three-pointers in a game. The Mount is averaging 8.3 three-pointers made per game in league play, second in the conference.
- Freshman forward Nana Opoku had a career-high four blocks in the Mount's win over LIU Brooklyn on Thursday. Opoku leads the Mount with 24 blocks this season, including four games with three or more. Opoku is averaging 2.0 blocks over the past five games for the Mount.