Jan 23, 2019
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (4-15, 1-5 NEC) vs. LIU BROOKLYN (9-9, 3-3 NEC)
Thursday, January 24, 2019, 7 pm
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
NEWS AND NOTES
- Mount St. Mary's fell at Fairleigh Dickinson, 87-69, on Monday to fall to 4-15 overall and 1-5 in Northeast Conference play. Omar Habwe paced the Mount with 16 points and seven rebounds while Vado Morse chipped in 12 points and four assists. The Mount trailed 46-42 early in the second half before FDU went on a 19-to-6 run to take control of the game.
- LIU Brooklyn holds a 32-29 lead in the all-time series with the Mountaineers. The teams split last year's season series with each winning on their homecourt. The Mount is 17-12 all-time at home against LIU, and has won five of the past six matchups at Knott Arena.
- Vado Morse was named the Northeast Conference Rookie of the Week for the third time this season after averaging 16.0 points and 4.0 assists in two games this past week. He was at his best in the Mount's 70-56 win at Wagner, tallying 16 of his career-high 20 points in the second half. Morse followed with 12 points and four assists at FDU on Monday.
- Over the past three games, the Mount is 29-for-71 (.408) from three-point range, averaging 9.7 three-point field goals made per game. The Mountaineers are tied for second in the NEC, averaging 8.0 three-pointers made per game in league games this season.
- Freshman guard Damian Chong Qui has tallied 58 assists and 29 turnovers this season for a 2-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio. Chong Qui is third in the Northeast Conference in assist-to-turnover ratio behind Sacred Heart's Cameron Parker (2.2-to-1) and Robert Morris guard Matty McConnell (2.0-to-1). Chong Qui is 11th in the NEC this season with 3.1 assists per game.
- Freshman forward Malik Jefferson is averaging 9.0 points over the past two games, converting 8-of-9 (.889) from the field. Jefferson leads the Mount and is third in the Northeast Conference in field goal percentage (.552). In NEC games, the 6-9 forward is shooting 72.7 percent from the field.
- Up next, the Mount hosts St. Francis Brooklyn on Saturday, January 26, at 5:00 p.m. at Knott Arena.