Jan 20, 2019
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (4-14, 1-4 NEC) at FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON (6-11, 1-4 NEC)
Monday, January 21, 2019, 2 pm
Stratis Arena, Teaneck, N.J.
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Mount captured its first Northeast Conference win with an impressive 70-56 victory at Wagner on Saturday. Freshman Vado Morse paced the Mount with a career-high 20 points. Morse scored five consecutive points to give the Mount a 38-32 lead, and after Wagner made it 43-39, Morse scored five in a row to make it 48-39. From there, the Mount was able to build its advantage to as much as 16 points en route to the win.
- Fairleigh Dickinson won a pair of one-point games last year to take a 30-28 lead in the all-time series with the Mountaineers. The Knights have won four of the past six matchups between the two teams. The Mount, however, is 8-3 over its past 11 games at Stratis Arena.
- Vado Morse has scored double figures in each of the past seven games. The freshman guard is averaging 16.1 points and 3.0 assists over that stretch, shooting 46.3 percent from the field and 41.7 percent from three-point range.
- The Mount held Wagner to 35.2 percent shooting from the field and a 9-for-32 (.281) mark from three-point range in the 70-56 win on Saturday. It was the Mount's second-best defensive performance this season, second only to holding St. Mary's (Md.) to 26.3 percent shooting on December 22.
- Vado Morse scored a season-best 20 points in the Mount's 70-56 win at Wagner. He is the fifth Mountaineer to reach the 20-point mark this year, joining Jalen Gibbs, Dee Barnes, Malik Jefferson and Omar Habwe.
- The Mount's freshmen backcourt of Vado Morse and Damian Chong Qui has been fantastic in Northeast Conference play. The duo is averaging a combined 28.6 points and 6.8 assists in league play, shooting 44.6 percent from the field and 42.9 percent from three-point range. Both Morse and Chong Qui have scored in double figures in each of the Mount's five NEC games this season.