Posted: Jan 11, 2019
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (3-13, 0-3 NEC) vs. CENTRAL CONNECTICUT (7-9, 1-2 NEC)
Saturday, January 12, 2019, 4 pm
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
MOUNT NEWS AND NOTES
- Mount St. Mary's fell to Bryant, 66-59, at Knott Arena on Thursday to fall to 3-13 overall and 0-3 in Northeast Conference play. Freshman Damian Chong Qui paced the Mount with a career-best 17 points while Omar Habwe added his first career double-double with 11 points and 17 rebounds.
- The all-time series between the Mount and Central Connecticut is tied at 21-21. The Mount swept the season series last year, and has won nine of the past 11 meetings between the two teams. Mount St. Mary's is 10-9 all-time at home against the Blue Devils.
- Freshman Damian Chong Qui scored all of his career high 17 points against Bryant in the second half on Thursday. Chong Qui has scored in double figures in three consecutive games, averaging 14.3 points over that span. He is averaging 9.8 points with a 2.5-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio since entering the starting lineup nine games ago.
- Omar Habwe pulled down a career-best 17 rebounds against Bryant on Thursday night. The 17 boards are the third-best single-game mark by a Mount player since the school moved to NCAA Division I in 1988-89. Teammate Malik Jefferson set that record with his 20-rebound effort at American on December 18.
- Up next, the Mount travels to Wagner (Jan. 19) and Fairleigh Dickinson (Jan. 21).