Nov 23, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (0-5) at MORGAN STATE (1-3)
Sunday, November 25, 2018, 1:00 p.m.
Hill Field House, Baltimore, Md.
- Mount St. Mary's lost its home opener against North Carolina A&T, 74-60, on Wednesday to fall to 0-5 on the season. Vado Morse led the Mount with a season-high 17 points while Jalen Gibbs chipped in 15 points, seven rebounds and three assists. Nana Opoku just missed a double-double for the Mount with 11 points and nine boards. The Mount led 31-28 at the half, but NCA&T opened the second half on a 22-to-7 run to take control of the game. The Mount shot just 39.7 percent in the game.
- Jalen Gibbs has scored 15 or more points in four of the Mount's five games this season. Gibbs is coming off a 15-point, seven-rebounds, three-assist effort against North Carolina A&T. Gibbs leads the Mount in points (84), rebounds (30) and assists (12) this season.
- This is the second consecutive game the Mount will matchup against a Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) opponent. The Mount is now 10-6 all-time against MEAC foes, including the 74-60 loss to NCA&T on Wednesday.
- The Mount roster features nine freshmen, seven sophomores and a graduate student. According to the latest KenPom experience ratings, the Mount is 344th out of 353 teams in experience. Experience is calculated by weighing the experience of each player on the roster based on minutes played. Players that have played less than 10% of their team's minutes are not included.
- Up next, the Mount will face longtime rival Loyola for the 174th all-time meeting between the two schools on Saturday, December 1, at 1:00 p.m.