Feb 16, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (15-13, 9-6 NEC) at SACRED HEART (9-19, 4-11 NEC)
Saturday, February 17, 2018, 1:00 p.m.
William H. Pitt Center | Fairfield,Conn.
- Mount St. Mary's saw its eight-game home win streak snapped by Fairleigh Dickinson, 80-79, on Thursday night. Greg Alexander's three-point attempt from the top of the key at the buzzer was off the mark, allowing FDU to earn the win. The Mount had rallied from a 76-71 deficit with just over 1:30 remaining to even the score at 79-79. FDU's Darnell Edge then hit 1-of-2 at the line to set up the final play. Junior Robinson led the Mount with 23 points and five assists.
- Junior Robinson was named the Northeast Conference Co-Player of the Week on Monday. It is the fifth time Robinson has won the weekly honor this year, tying the NEC single-season record for most player of the week awards. Robinson scored 23 points in the Mount's loss to FDU on Thursday. He has scored 20 or more points in four consecutive games, and in 11 of the past 13 games.
- Senior forward Chris Wray dished out a career-high eight assists in the Mount's 80-79 loss to FDU. Wray has had five or more assists in five of the past seven games, averaging a team-high 5.6 assists per game over that stretch.
- The Mount has won the past five meetings with Sacred Heart to take a 26-10 lead in the all-time series. The Mountaineers are 15-3 against Sacred Heart since 2009, including a pair of NEC Tournament wins (2009, 2017).
- Jonah Antonio went 4-for-10 from three-point range against Fairleigh Dickinson to give him 83 three-pointers made this season. That ties him with Rashad Whack for fourth all-time on the Mount's single-season list.
- The Mountaineers are 288-for-772 (.373) from three-point range this season, averaging 10.3 three-point field goals made per game. The Mount needs just nine more three-pointers to break the single-season record of 296 set during the 2013-14 campaign.