Dec 08, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (3-6) at LEHIGH (4-5)
Saturday, December 9, 2017 | 2:00 p.m.
Stabler Arena | Bethlehem, Pa.
WATCH: Patriot League Network
LISTEN: 930-AM WFMD (Adam Pohl)
GAME NOTES| TWITTER | LIVE STATS
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's rallied from a 15-point second half deficit to force overtime, but came up short in an 82-78 loss at Pittsburgh on Tuesday night. Junior Robinson paced the Mount with 24 points and nine assists. Trailing 59-44 with 8:36 remaining, the Mount hit seven consecutive three-point baskets to rally, and eventually took a 71-70 lead. Pitt answered to go ahead, 73-71, but Bobby Planutis scored on an inbounds play with five seconds left to force overtime. Pittsburgh used a 5-0 overtime run to secure to the win.
- The Mount has played back-to-back overtime games, defeating Loyola (80-75) on December 2 and falling at Pittsburgh (82-78) on December 5. It is the first time the Mount has had consecutive games go to overtime since January 2012. That year the Mount lost at Quinnipiac (69-66) and won at Sacred Heart (81-80, 2ot).
- Senior forward Chris Wray made his season debut on Tuesday after missing the first eight games due to injury. Wray finished the game with eight points, five rebounds, three steals, two assists and two blocks in 24 minutes of action.
- Senior guard Junior Robinson leads the Northeast Conference in scoring (22.5 ppg) and free throw percentage (.960) while he is second in assists (5.3 apg). Robinson is averaging 24.8 points over the past five games.
- The Mount is averaging 78.8 points over the past six games, shooting 45.6 percent from the field, 38.7 percent from three-point range, and 82.8 percent at the foul line.