Emmitsburg, Md. (June 6, 2018) – The Mount St. Mary's University women's basketball program has announced the addition of six players as part of this year's recruiting class. Taylor Addison (Gaithersburg, Maryland), Kendall Bresee (Frederick, Maryland), Maqui Carrillo Ade (Rockville, Maryland), Delaney Connors (West Hartford, Connecticut), Michaela Harrison (Cleveland, Ohio), and Alexis Wooden (Binghamton, New York) will join the program for the upcoming 2018-19 campaign.
Taylor Addison | 5-10 | F | Gaithersburg, Maryland | Howard High School
- Named the Howard County Player of the Year and collected First Team All-Howard County honors as a junior
- Two-time Maryland First Team All-State selection
- Two-time Baltimore Sun First Team All-Metro member
- Team captain her senior season
- Averaged a career-high 15.9 points, 12.7 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game as a junior
Head Coach Maria Marchesano on Addison: "Taylor brings an abundance of intangibles to the table and we are so excited to see the impact she has on our program. She's a kid that will dive on the floor on one end, and out-hustle everyone for the rebound on the very next play. In addition to that, she impressed our coaching staff with her footwork and ability to finish over bigger and more athletic post players."
Kendall Bresee | 5-10 | G/F | Frederick, Maryland | Urbana High School | George Washington
- Transfer from George Washington University. Played in 47 games over two seasons with the Colonials.
- Two-time Frederick County Player of the Year in high school
- Maryland First Team All-State selection as a senior
- Scored 1,000 points in just two seasons at Urbana
- Led Urbana to a regional title and the Maryland 3A state finals in 2015
- Team captain in each of her final two seasons at Urbana
- Averaged 23 points and 12 rebounds per game as a senior
Marchesano on Bresee: "Kendall brings a dynamic combination of size, strength and skill to our team. She's a versatile player that will be able to play multiple positions for us. She brings with her two years of high-level experience and we were excited to be able to pick up a transfer of her caliber."
Maqui Carrillo Ade | 5-7 | PG | Rockville, Maryland | Bullis School
- ISL AA All-Conference Team member in 2017-18
- Washington Post All-Metro Honorable Mention selection as a senior
- Montgomery County Girls Basketball Private School First Team honoree in 2017-18
- Led Bullis with 11.6 points to go along with 4.2 assists as a senior
- 2015 Rookie of the Year and Carolina Invitational MVP
- Led her team to Bullis Holiday Classic Championships in 2015 and 2017, and ISL Finals appearances from 2015-17
Marchesano on Carrillo Ade: "As we continue to grow as a program, one thing we have focused on is bringing in kids who live and breathe the game, and that's definitely what you think of when you think of Maqui. She's a strong point guard with a knack for finding the open scorer, but her strength also allows her to get to the rim and get to the free throw line as well."
Delaney Connors | 5-9 | G/F | West Hartford, Connecticut | Conard High School
- Earned all-conference honors on three occasions
- All-time leading scorer at Conard High School with 1,021 career points
- Led her team to a CCC Championship during the 2015-16 season
- Team captain as a senior
Marchesano on Connors: "We were very excited to add some length to our lineup when Delaney committed to us last fall. She's a long guard that can stretch defenses with her shot. She plays with a lot of intensity and has a strong desire to always keep improving."
Michaela Harrison | 5-7 | G | Cleveland, Ohio | Lake Ridge Academy
- Two-time Lorain County Player of the Year
- Two-time Northeast Great Lakes Player of the Year
- Earned All-Ohio honors on three occasions, including First Team honors as a junior
- All-time leading scorer at Lake Ridge Academy with 1,303 career points
- Led her team to a district championship and regional finals appearance in 2015-16
- Team captain her senior season
Marchesano on Harrison: "Michaela is a kid I've watched grow on and off the court for over four years now. She is a tremendously hard-nosed player on both sides of the ball. Offensively she is very refined and can do a lot of different things with the ball. She brings versatility to our guard spots along with another consistent jump shot in our lineup."
Alexis Wooden | 6-0 | F | Binghamton, New York | Binghamton High School | Coffeyville Community College
- Transfer from Coffeyville Community College. Played in 62 career games over two seasons with the Red Ravens.
- Registered 8.0 points and 5.9 rebounds per game last season at Coffeyville while starting all 32 games.
- Led her team to a Section 4 JUCO Championship in 2016-17
- Team captain as a sophomore at Coffeyville
- Selected to play in the Under Armour All-American game in 2015
Marchesano on Wooden: "Picking up Lex was a huge victory for our program. She has two years of college experience and brings a competitive spirit to our program that is unmatched. Her size and athleticism will be huge assets for us in the next two years. She's a relentless worker who is always adding to her game."