Jan 09, 2019
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (3-12, 0-2 NEC) vs. BRYANT (4-9, 1-1 NEC)
Thursday, January 10, 2019, 7 pm
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
MOUNT NEWS AND NOTES
- The Mount dropped a hard-fought matchup at Robert Morris, 62-59, on Saturday to fall to 3-12 overall and 0-2 in the Northeast Conference. The Mountaineers rallied from a 14-point first-half deficit to take a 57-53 lead with 3:26 remaining. Vado Morse hit 1-of-2 at the line with 1:02 left to give the Mount a 59-58 advantage. Robert Morris regained the lead on a Josh Williams bucket with 13 seconds left, and then held on for the victory. Morse led the Mount with a career-best 19 points while Damian Chong Qui added 13 points in the game.
- The Mount holds a 13-to-7 lead in the all-time series with Bryant. The teams have split the season series in each of the past five years. All seven of Bryant's wins in the series have come by three points or less, including a pair of overtime wins. The Mount is 9-1 all-time at home against the Bulldogs.
- Vado Morse was named the NEC Rookie of the Week on Monday. Morse averaged 16.5 points for the Mount last week to earn his second consecutive NEC Rookie of the Week honor. He is averaging 17.3 points over the past four games. The freshman has scored in double figures in four consecutive games, and eight times this season. He has raised his scoring average to 12.2 points per game.
- Freshman forward Malik Jefferson is averaging a team-best 7.7 rebounds per game. Jefferson has pulled down seven or more rebounds in each of the past five games, averaging 10.4 boards over that span.
- The Mount will be looking to rekindle the home court advantage at Knott Arena when it hosts Bryant and Central Connecticut in the first two NEC home games of the year. The Mountaineers are 41-12 (.774) at home in NEC regular season games since the 2012-13 season. Since 2005-06, the Mountaineers are 83-33 (.716) at home in NEC play.
- Up next, the Mount hosts Central Connecticut on Saturday, January 12, at Knott Arena. Tip-off is set for 4:00 p.m.