Dec 13, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (0-9) vs. WILSON (3-7)
Saturday, December 15, 2018, 4 pm
Emmitsburg, Md. * Knott Arena
- Mount St. Mary's whittled a 26-point second half deficit to five points with just under three minutes remaining, but could not complete the comeback in an 85-78 loss to Lehigh last Saturday at Knott Arena. Sophomore Omar Habwe poured in a career-high 24 points while Dee Barnes added 14. Damian Chong Qui finished with 11 points and six assists for the Mount.
- Freshman Dee Barnes was named the Northeast Conference Rookie of the Week on Monday. Barnes averaged 20.0 points in the Mount's games against St. John's and Lehigh. After scoring 12 points over his first five games of the year, Barnes registered a game-high 26 points in his first collegiate start against St. John's, hitting 7-of-10 from three-point range. He followed with 14 points on 6-12 shooting in an 85-78 loss to Lehigh.
- Freshman Damian Chong Qui has been solid at the point guard spot for the Mount. Chong Qui is averaging 10.5 points and 5.5 assists over the past two games, committing three turnovers in 63 minutes of action. Those were the first two career starts for Chong Qui, who leads the team with 24 assists this season.
- Omar Habwe is averaging 11.8 points and 4.7 rebounds over the past six games. Habwe is averaging 30.0 minutes per game over that stretch while connecting on 23-of-26 (.885) at the foul line.
- Sophomore Omar Habwe scored a career-best 24 points in the Mount's loss to Lehigh. Habwe was 5-of-9 from the field and 11-of-12 from the charity stripe in the game. He is the fourth Mountaineer to post a 20-point game this year, joining Jalen Gibbs (twice), Dee Barnes and Malik Jefferson.
- The Mount has had 22 players win an NEC Rookie of the Week award since joining the league in 1989-90, including Dee Barnes and Nana Opoku this season. This is the second consecutive year the Mount has had two different players win the award.