Nov 13, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (0-2) at MARSHALL (2-0)
Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
Cam Henderson Center, Huntington, W. Va.
- Mount St. Mary's lost at Hofstra, 79-61, this past Friday to fall to 0-2 on the season. The Mount scored the first 12 points of the game, and held a 16-to-1 lead after a Jalen Gibbs lay-up 7:36 into the game. Hofstra, which missed its first 12 field goal attempts, rallied to take a 31-28 lead at the half on a Jalen Ray three-pointer. The Pride used a 21-to-5 run in the second half to break open the game. Gibbs led the Mount with 21 points and eight rebounds while K.J. Scott chipped in 14 points, nine rebounds and three assists. The Mount shot 41.1 percent from the floor in the game.
- The Mount roster features a graduate transfer, seven sophomores and nine freshmen this season. Only one player on the roster this season has more than one year of NCAA experience. That player is graduate transfer K.J. Scott, who played two seasons at Texas Southern.
- Jalen Gibbs led the Mount with 21 points in the loss at Hofstra. Gibbs has scored 20 or more points in each of the Mount's first two games. He is just the fourth player since the Mount moved to NCAA Division I in 1988-89 to record back-to-back 20-point games to open the year. The others are Chris McGuthrie (1992-93), Landy Thompson (2004) and Chris Vann (2007).
- The Mount's tough non-conference schedule to begin the season continues on Sunday with a matchup with Maryland.
- The home opener is slated for Wednesday, November 21, at 5:00 p.m. against North Carolina A&T. For ticket information, contact the Mount Ticket Office at 301-447-5700.