Feb 27, 2018
No. 2 MOUNT ST. MARY'S (18-13) vs. No. 7 ROBERT MORRIS (15-16)
Northeast Conference Tournament Quarterfinals
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md., 7 p.m.
TICKETS: Contact the Mount ticket office at 301-447-5700.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's clinched the No. 2 spot in the Northeast Conference Tournament with a 73-62 win over first-place Wagner on Saturday at Knott Arena. Junior Robinson scored a game-high 22 points to pace the Mount in the win. With the score tied, 31-31, at the half, the Mount opened the second half with a 20-to-8 run to take a 12-point lead. The Mount led by nine or more points the remainder of the game. Chris Wray chipped in 11 points, nine rebounds, five assists and a career-high six blocks in the win.
- Mount St. Mary's guard Junior Robinson was named the Northeast Conference Player of the Year on Tuesday, joining Chris McGuthrie as the only Mount players to win the award. Robinson also was named First Team All-NEC, becoming the sixth player in Mount history to be named First Team All-NEC. Chris Wray was named the NEC Defensive Player of the Year, joining Mychal Kearse (twice) as the only Mountaineers to win the award. Wray also earned Third Team All-NEC honors. Jonah Antonio was named to the NEC All-Rookie team as well on Tuesday.
- The Mount and Robert Morris will be meeting in the Northeast Conference for the ninth time over the past 13 years. Last year, the Mount defeated the Colonials, 75-66, in the NEC semifinals at Knott Arena. Head coach Jamion Christian is 3-0 in his career against Robert Morris in the NEC Tournament, including the Mount's 88-71 win at RMU in the 2014 NEC title game. The Mount is 6-4 all-time against RMU in the NEC Tournament.
- The Mount is 13-3 all-time at Knott Arena in Northeast Conference Tournament games, including an 8-1 record since 2008. The Mount went 3-0 at home en route to the NEC title last year. Head coach Jamion Christian is 4-1 at home in the NEC Tournament.
- Junior Robinson is averaging 20.8 points over his past four Northeast Conference Tournament games, scoring 20 or more on three occasions. He averaged 20.7 points to earn All-Tournament team honors in the Mount's run to the NEC title last year.