Feb 20, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (16-13, 10-6 NEC) vs. ROBERT MORRIS (15-14, 9-7 NEC)
Thursday, February 22, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
Emmitsburg, Md. | Knott Arena
- Junior Robinson scored 30 points to lead Mount St. Mary's to a 74-69 win at Sacred Heart this past Saturday. After Sacred Heart took a 44-42 lead, the Mount scored the next 10 points to take an eight-point lead. The Pioneers cut the deficit to 72-69 with eight seconds left, but Robinson got the inbounds pass and hit two free throws to seal the win.
- Junior Robinson has scored 655 points this season, the most points in a season by a Mount player since the school moved to NCAA Division I in 1988-89, breaking the old mark set by Chris McGuthrie in 1995-96. Only Jack Sullivan (1,070 in 1956-57; 684 in 1954-55) has scored more points in a season at the Mount than Robinson.
- Mount St. Mary's has made 297 three-pointers this season, setting a new single-season record. The previous mark of 296 was set in 2013-14. The Mount needs 14 three-pointers to break LIU's Northeast Conference single-season mark of 310 set in 1997-98.
- The Mount defeated Robert Morris, 67-42, on February 1 to take a 33-32 lead in the all-time series in what has become one of the best rivalries in the Northeast Conference. The two teams have met in eight of the past 12 NEC Tournaments with the Mount owning a 5-3 record in those games. The Mount and RMU have played 31 games against each other over the past 13 seasons.\
- Head coach Jamion Christian is on the cusp of career win #100. Christian's record at the Mount is 99-94, and he is looking to become the third Mountaineer coach to reach 100 career wins, joining Jim Phelan (830) and Art Malloy (155). Christian has an impressive 65-39 record in NEC regular season games.
- The Mount is in a three-way tie for second place in the NEC with two games remaining. The Mount secures a home game in the NEC Tournament with a win over Robert Morris, and finishes second in the NEC with two wins.