Feb 09, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (15-11, 9-4 NEC) at BRYANT (2-24, 1-12 NEC)
Saturday, February 10, 2018 | 1:00 p.m.
Chace Athletic Center | Smithfield, R.I.
- Junior Robinson poured in 32 points while adding five assists to lead the Mount to a 71-57 win at Central Connecticut on Thursday night. Robinson was 12-of-17 from the field and 4-of-6 from three-point range in the game. Trailing 34-27 early in the second half, the Mount outscored Central Connecticut 31-to-12 to take a 58-46 lead, and led by double figures the rest of the game.
- Senior guard Junior Robinson's 32-point effort against Central Connecticut pushed his career point total to 1,741, tying him for seventh on the Mount's all-time list with Kevin Booth. He needs 25 points to move past Jim Rowe (1,765) and Gregory Harris (1,760) and into the Mount's top five. It was Robinson's third 30-point game of his career and the 31st time he has scored 20 or more.
- The Mount has stepped it up on the defensive end, holding each of the past three opponents under 60 points. The Mount is allowing just 51.7 points over that stretch while holding the opposition to 34.8 percent shooting, including 22.7 percent from three-point range. In addition, the Mount is forcing 16.3 turnovers over the three-game stretch.
- The Mount has won five in a row to move into second place in the Northeast Conference standings. Junior Robinson is averaging a team-high 23.2 points over the five-game stretch, shooting 51.4 percent from the field and 17-of-31 (.548) from three-point range. The Mount is holding the opposition to 61.4 points per game during the win streak.
- Junior Robinson was 4-of-6 from three-point range at Central Connecticut, and is now shooting 47.0 percent from beyond the arc in NEC games. After opening the season by shooting 24.4 percent from three over the first six games, Robinson is shooting 45.2 percent (56-of-124) from beyond the arc.
- Chris Wray had four blocks in the first eight minutes of the win at CCSU. He leads the Mount with 37 blocks this season.