Feb 06, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (14-11, 8-4 NEC) at CENTRAL CONNECTICUT (12-13, 5-7 NEC)
Thursday, February 8, 2018 | 7:00 p.m.
Detrick Gymnasium | New Britain, Conn.
- Junior Robinson scored a team-high 20 points while Greg Alexander and Jonah Antonio made clutch free throws in the final minute to lead Mount St. Mary's past Saint Francis U, 59-56, on Saturday. Alexander hit a pair of free throws with 39.7 seconds left to give the Mount a 57-56 lead, and Antonio added two more free throws with 10.1 seconds on the clock to make it a three-point game. SFU's Jamaal King missed a three-pointer at the buzzer, and the Mount was able to secure its fourth win in a row.
- The Mount held the Robert Morris and Saint Francis U to a combined 49.0 points per game, 33.6 percent shooting from the field and 16.3 percent (7-of-43) three-point shooting. The Mount allowed just 0.77 points per possession in the two wins, and moved from eighth in the league to fourth in defensive efficiency.
- Junior Robinson leads the Northeast Conference in scoring at 21.6 points per game. He is looking to join Chris McGuthrie as the only Mount players to average 20+ points per game since the school moved to NCAA Division I in 1988-89. McGuthrie averaged 22.3 points per game during the 1995-96 season.
- The Mount is averaging 14.5 assists per game this season, including 15.3 in NEC play. This is the most assists per game by a Mountaineer team since the 1997-98 squad averaged 15.5 assists.
- After opening Northeast Conference play with an 0-2 record, the Mount has gone 8-2 to move into sole possession of second place. The Mountaineers are averaging 77.9 points over the 10 games while shooting 49.2 percent from the field and 117-of-274 (.427) from three-point range.
- Junior Robinson has 540 points this season, matching Elijah Long (2016-17) for the sixth-most points in a season at the Mount in the D1 era.