Jan 31, 2018
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (12-11, 6-4 NEC) at ROBERT MORRIS (13-10, 7-3 NEC)
Thursday, February 1, 2018 | 7:00 p.m.
PPG Paints Arena | Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Junior Robinson scored 27 points to lead Mount St. Mary's past St. Francis Brooklyn, 86-72, before a near-capacity crowd at Knott Arena on Saturday. Jonah Antonio added 15 points and eight boards as the Mount shot 56.0 percent from the field and 50.0 percent from three-point range in the victory.
- This will be the first meeting this season between the Mount and Robert Morris in what has become one of the top rivalries in the Northeast Conference. The two teams have met in eight of the past 12 NEC Tournaments with the Mount owning a 5-3 record in those games, including a 75-66 win in the NEC semifinals at Knott Arena last season. The Mount and RMU have played 30 games against each other over the past 12 seasons.
- Junior Robinson and Jonah Antonio collected NEC weekly honors on Monday with Robinson being named Co-Player of the Week and Antonio Co-Rookie of the Week. It is the fourth time this year that Robinson has been named the Player of the Week while Antonio earned his second Rookie of the Week award.
- Senior forward Chris Wray continues to stuff the stat sheet. In NEC games this year, Wray is averaging 9.9 points while he is fourth in the league in rebounds (8.4), first in field goal percentage (.652), eighth in assists (3.9), second in steals (2.0), third in blocks (1.5) and fifth in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.1-to-1).
- Mount St. Mary's has won six of its past eight games after opening Northeast Conference play with an 0-2 record. The Mount is averaging 81.6 points per game while shooting 50.9 percent from the floor and 45.0 percent from three-point range over the eight-game stretch.
- Junior Robinson has 507 points this season, just one point shy of his point total (508) for all of last year.