MOUNT ST. MARY'S (9-9, 3-2 NEC) at SAINT FRANCIS U (10-6, 4-1 NEC)
Saturday, January 13, 2018 | 2:00 p.m.
DeGol Arena| Loretto, Pa.
WATCH: NEC Front Row
LISTEN: WFMD (930 AM) (Adam Pohl, Play-by-Play)
GAME NOTES | TWITTER | LIVE STATS
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Junior Robinson scored 23 points as Mount St. Mary's held off Sacred Heart, 81-75, on Thursday night at Knott Arena. The Mountaineers held a 20-point lead in the first half, but a late 13-0 Sacred Heart run cut the Mount's lead to 62-58. The Mount scored the next four points and then hit 13-of-16 at the foul line in the final 2:37 to earn the win. Donald Carey added 14 points, Jonah Antonio 13 and Greg Alexander 12 in the victory.
- This is the first meeting between the Mount and Saint Francis U since the Mount's 71-61 win over the Red Flash on March 7, 2017, at Knott Arena. Mount St. Mary's won all three meetings with the Red Flash last season, and have won five in a row in the series. The Mount has won eight of the past 10 matchups at DeGol Arena, including an 81-62 victory last year.
- Freshmen Donald Carey (14), Jonah Antonio (13), Omar Habwe (8) and Bobby Planutis (7) combined to score 42 points in the Mount's 81-75 win over Sacred Heart. The Mount has had three freshmen in the starting lineup (Carey, Antonio and Planutis) in each of the past three games. 12 of the 16 players on the Mount's roster are freshmen this season.
- Mount St. Mary's is averaging 13.7 three-point field goals made over the past three games. The Mount averages 10.0 three-pointers made per game on the year.
- In the latest KenPom rankings, the Mount is second in offensive efficiency in Northeast Conference games this year, scoring 111.8 points per 100 possessions. The league leader is Saint Francis U at 116.0 points per 100 possessions.
- The offense has been clicking for the Mount during the three-game win streak. The Mount is averaging 85.0 points while shooting 50.9 percent overall and 46.1 percent from three-point range during the win streak. The Mount has made 41 three-pointers over the past three games.