Dec 17, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (4-7) at AMERICAN (3-6)
Monday, December 18, 2017 | 7:00 p.m.
Bender Arena | Washington, D.C.
WATCH: Patriot League Network
LISTEN: 930-AM WFMD (Adam Pohl)
GAME NOTES| TWITTER | LIVE STATS
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Junior Robinson scored 30 points to lead Mount St. Mary's past Washington College, 89-67, on Friday night. Robinson hit 12-of-16 from the field and htting four of five three-point attempts. Greg Alexander chipped in 17 points off the bench while Donald Carey had 10. The Mount outscored Washington College, 30-15, over the final 10 minutes to secure the win.
- Junior Robinson is 11th in the nation in scoring (23.1) and sixth in the country in free throw percentage (95.1). In the advanced metrics, Robinson has a usage rate of 35.0 percent. According to KenPom, this is a measure of personal possessions used while the player is on the court. Simply assigns credit or blame to a player when his actions end a possession, either by making a shot, missing a shot that isn't rebounded by the offense, or committing a turnover.
- Mount St. Mary's had a season-high 12 steals in the win over Washington College. Jonah Antonio had four steals in the game, and he leads the Mount with 15 steals on the year.
- Senior Chris Wray continues to affect the game in multiple ways on the stat sheet. Since returning from injury, Wray is averaging 5.3 points, 6.7 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 2.7 blocks and 2.7 steals in three games. He already leads the team with eight blocks shots this season.
- Junior Robinson scored 30 points in the Mount's 89-67 win over Washington (Md.) on Friday night. It is the second 30-point game for Robinson. He joins Chris McGuthrie (13), Kevin Booth (7), Landy Thompson (6) and Scott Murphy (2) as the only players to have more than one 30-point game since the school moved to NCAA Division I in 1988-89.
- Mount St. Mary's made 13 three-point field goals in the 89-67 win over Washington (Md.). It is the sixth time this season the Mount has made 10 or more three-pointers in a game.