MOUNT ST. MARY'S (3-5) at PITTSBURGH (4-4)
Tuesday, December 5, 2017 | 7:00 p.m.
Petersen Events Center | Pittsburgh, Pa.
TELEVISION: ACC Network Extra (Jeff Hathhorn, Curtis Aiken)
LISTEN: 930-AM WFMD (Adam Pohl)
GAME NOTES| TWITTER | LIVE STATS
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Junior Robinson scored a career-high 39 points to lead Mount St. Mary's to an 80-75 overtime win over rival Loyola at Knott Arena on Saturday. The win was the Mount's 100th all-time against Loyola in the most played rivalry in the state of Maryland. The Mount is now 100-73 all-time against the Greyhounds. Robinson scored nine points (9-of-9 FT's) to help the Mount rally from a four-point overtime deficit. Jonah Antonio added 14 points and six rebounds in the victory.
- Junior Robinson's 39-point effort against Loyola was the most points by a Mount player since Sam Prescott scored 44 in the Mount's win over Bryant on Feb. 14, 2013. Robinson leads the Northeast Conference in scoring at 22.5 points per game.
- The Mount will be facing an Atlantic Coast Conference team for the second time this season. Mount St. Mary's lost at Notre Dame on Nov. 13, and is 1-24 all-time against the ACC. The Mount's lone win was at No. 21 Georgia Tech (71-69) on Dec. 18, 1995.
- A big part of Mount Mayhem is the three-pointer on offense and defending the three-pointer on defense. The Mount is eighth in the nation this year with 50.7 percent of the team's field goal attempts coming from three-point range. Defensively, the Mount is seventh in the nation with only 27.1 percent of the opposition's field goal attempts coming from beyond the arc.
- Freshman Jonah Antonio has scored in double figures in each of the past five games for the Mountaineers. Antonio is averaging 17.0 points and 5.2 rebounds over that stretch, hitting 22-of-50 (.440) from three-point range.
- Senior Greg Alexander has been thriving in the sixth-man role for the Mountaineers this season. Alexander is averaging 10.3 points and 2.9 rebounds in 30.5 minutes per game off the bench. He has scored in double figures on three occasions.
- Up next, the Mount heads to Lehigh for a 2:00 p.m. matchup on Saturday, December 9.