Nov 22, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (2-3) at OHIO (2-2)
Friday, November 24, 2017 | 7:00 p.m.
Convocation Center | Athens, Ohio
LIVE STREAM: Not Available
LISTEN: 930-AM WFMD (Adam Pohl)
GAME NOTES| TWITTER | LIVE STATS
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's defeated York (Pa.), 91-80, in the home opener on Tuesday night at Knott Arena. Junior Robinson scored a game-high 27 points while freshmen Jonah Antonio (23 pts., 10 rebs.) and Donald Carey (11 pts., 12 ast.) recorded their first career double-doubles. The Mount led by as much as 19 points in the second half. The Mountaineers were 15-of-33 (.455) from three-point range and 26-of-30 (.867) at the foul line in the win.
- Junior Robinson was named the Northeast Conference Co-Player of the Week on Monday. The 5-5 senior guard averaged 20.0 points, 3.3 assists, 2.7 rebounds and 1.7 steals in three games last week. Robinson has scored 20 or more points in four of the Mount's first five games, and he is second in the NEC in scoring at 21.4 points per game.
- The Mount's 91-80 win over York (Pa.) was the 1,500th win in program history. The Mountaineers, in their 109th season, have an all-time record of 1,500-1,088, winning 58.0 percent of their games.
- Mount St. Mary's is shooting 89.1 percent (41-of-46) as a team at the foul line over the past two games. For the season, the Mount is shooting 76.9 percent at the foul line, the top mark in the Northeast Conference. Junior Robinson leads the way, hitting all 22 of his FT attempts this season.
- Redshirt freshman Jonah Antonio is averaging 20.5 points and 5.0 rebounds over the past two games. He is 10-of-22 (.455) from three-point range over that span.