Nov 12, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (0-1) at #14 NOTRE DAME (1-0)
Monday, November 13, 2017 | 7:00 p.m.
Purcell Pavilion | South Bend, Ind.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's opened the 2017-18 season with an 80-59 loss at Marquette on Friday night. Junior Robinson scored 20 points while dishing out six assists in the game. Freshman Donald Carey added 11 points in the loss. The Mount committed 12 first-half turnovers and trailed 48-27 at the half. The Mountaineers had three freshmen (Donald Carey, Jonah Antonio and Bobby Planutis) in the starting lineup. The last time the Mount had three freshmen in the starting lineup was when Junior Robinson, Charles Glover and Chris Wray started at Saint Francis U on Feb. 26, 2015.
- Notre Dame opened the season with a 72-58 win at DePaul on Saturday afternoon. Sophomore T.J. Gibbs led Notre Dame with a career-high 21 points, while seniors Bonzie Colson and Matt Farrell scored 18 and 15, respectively. Notre Dame won all three of their exhibition games with victories over Holy Cross (97-57), Bethel (Ind.) (88-59) and Cardinal Stritch (90-46).
- Mount St. Mary's is 1-28 all-time against ranked opponents. The Mount's last game against a ranked team was a 76-56 loss to #1 Villanova in the 2017 NCAA Tournament in March. The Mount trailed 30-29 at the half in that game. The Mount's win came at No. 21 Georgia Tech on Dec. 18, 1995. Jeff Balistrere hit a game-winning lay-up at the buzzer to send the Mount to the win. Head coach Jamion Christian is 0-10 all-time against ranked opponents, including games against No. 1 Villanova, No. 6 Indiana, No. 1 Michigan State, No. 2 Arizona and No. 3 Maryland.
- Junior Robinson, who averaged 14.1 points per game last season, scored a team-high 20 points in the Mount's season opener at Marquette. It was the 13th 20-point game of Robinson's career.
- Up next, the Mount heads to Georgetown for a 7:00 p.m. matchup on Wednesday, November 15.