Nov 08, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (0-0) at MARQUETTE (0-0)
Friday, November 10, 2017 | 9:00 p.m. ET
BMO Harris Bradley Center | Milwaukee, Wis.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's enters the regular season coming off a pair of exhibition wins. The Mount edged Delaware, 84-82, in overtime in a charity exhibition game on November 1, before posting a 93-78 victory over Hood College on November 4. Junior Robinson led the Mount in scoring in each game, averaging 32.5 points over the two victories. He poured in 38 points in the win over Hood College and had 27 against Delaware.
- Mount St. Mary's was picked to finish in fourth place in the annual Northeast Conference Preseason Coaches Poll. Saint Francis U was tabbed as the preseason favorite, followed by Fairleigh Dickinson, Wagner, the Mount, Sacred Heart, LIU Brooklyn, Robert Morris, Bryant, Central Connecticut and St. Francis Brooklyn. Senior guard Junior Robinson was selected to the Preseason All-NEC team.
- Last season, the Mount posted a 20-16 overall record and a 14-4 mark in the Northeast Conference, winning the NEC regular season and tournament titles. The Mount defeated New Orleans, 67-66, in the NCAA First Four in Dayton before falling to top-seeded Villanova, 76-56, in the NCAA First Round in Buffalo, N.Y.
- Head coach Jamion Christian signed a multi-year contract extension in June. Christian, who has led the Mount to the NCAA Tournament twice in five years as head coach, is now signed through the 2026-27 season.
- Head coach Jamion Christian would like to see his team attempt 35 or more three-pointers per game this season. In the two exhibition games,the Mount went 31-for-67 (.463) from beyond the arc, averaging 33.5 three-point attempts in the two wins.
- Junior Robinson averaged 32.5 points and 6.0 assists in the Mount's two exhibition victories. The 5-5 senior guard shot 50.0 percent from the floor and was 12-of-21 (.571) from three-point range.