Mar 03, 2017
NORTHEAST CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT SEMIFINALS
#1 MOUNT ST. MARY'S (17-15) vs. #7 ROBERT MORRIS (14-18)
Saturday, March 4, 2017, 2:00 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Junior Robinson made the key plays down the stretch to lead Mount St. Mary's to a 76-73 win over Sacred Heart in the NEC Quarterfinals on Wednesday. Robinson hit a three-pointer with 2:10 remaining to give the Mount a 70-67 lead. He added an assist on a Chris Wray bucket, and then hit a pull-up jumper with 51.5 seconds left for a 74-71 lead. Robinson then hit 1-of-2 at the line with 14.9 seconds left to make it 75-73. He finished the game with 22 points, four assists and four rebounds while Elijah Long added 19 points, four rebounds, three assists and three steals.
- The Mountaineers have advanced to the NEC Tournament semifinals in four of Jamion Christian's five seasons, and in eight of the past 11 seasons. The Mountaineers are 6-7 all-time in the semifinals, including 2-1 during Christian's tenure.
- Elijah Long was named First Team All-Northeast Conference on Tuesday. He is just the fifth Mountaineer all-time to earn First Team All-NEC, joining Chris McGuthrie (1994-95 and 1995-96), Riley Inge (1995-96), Gregory Harris (1998-99) and Goode (2008-09 and 2009-10).
- Guard Junior Robinson was named Second Team All-NEC while freshman Miles Wilson was named to the NEC All-Rookie Team on Tuesday. Robinson earned Second Team All-NEC honors for the second consecutive year.
- The Mount is 5-4 all-time against Robert Morris in the NEC Tournament. This will be the eighth time in the past 12 seasons that the two schools have met in the NEC Tournament, including the 2009 (RMU 48, Mount 46) and 2014 (Mount 88, RMU 71) NEC Championship games. The Mount has not hosted Robert Morris in an NEC Tournament game since a 67-66 loss to the Colonials on March 2, 2006 in the NEC Quarterfinals.
- Mount St. Mary's is 25-16 all-time in the Northeast Conference Tournament, including a 7-3 mark under head coach Jamion Christian.