Feb 22, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (15-14, 13-3 NEC) vs. LIU BROOKLYN (18-11, 11-5 NEC)
Thursday, February 23, 2017, 7:05 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- The Mount improved to 13-3 in the Northeast Conference with a come-from-behind victory at Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday. The Mount trailed 44-34 with 15:29 remaining before rallying for the win. After slowly chipping away at the deficit, the Mount finally took the lead on an Elijah Long lay-up with 52 seconds left. A pair of Junior Robinson free throws made it 75-71, but Fairleigh Dickinson fought back, and had a chance to take the lead in the final seconds. FDU had the ball with 5.3 seconds left, but the Mount's Mawdo Sallah made a good contest on an Earl Potts, Jr., shot from the baseline, and the Mount was able to secure the win. Long finished with a game-high 29 points while Robinson chipped in 17.
- Mount St. Mary's needs to win one of its final two games to clinch its first NEC regular season title in 21 years. The Mount's lone NEC regular season crown came in 1995-96 when the team posted a 16-2 record.
- Elijah Long leads the Mount with 129 assists while Junior Robinson is second on the team with 81. The last time the Mount had two players with 80 or more assists in the same season was 2010-11 when Julian Norfleet had 92 and Josh Castellanos 80.
- The Mount is 14-3 over the past 17 games. Elijah Long and Junior Robinson are each averaging 14.8 points over that stretch.
- Elijah Long scored a career-high 29 points in the Mount's 79-74 win at Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday. Long has scored 20 or more points six times this season, including three games with 25+ points.
- Mawdo Sallah has scored in double figures in each of the past three games for the Mountaineers, averaging 12.0 points and 6.3 rebounds over that stretch. Sallah scored a career-high 14 points at Wagner, and is averaging 7.6 points and 5.5 rebounds in NEC games, shooting 57.4 percent from the field.