Feb 17, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (14-14, 12-3 NEC) at FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON (11-15, 9-6 NEC)
Saturday, February 18, 2017, 4 pm
Stratis Arena, Hackensack, N.J.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's fell to Wagner, 69-65, on Thursday night on the road. The Mountaineers held a 36-25 halftime lead, and led 49-39 with just over 13 minutes remaining before the Seahawks rallied. Junior Robinson led the Mount with 19 points and four assists while Mawdo Sallah added a career-high 14 points while collecting nine boards. Elijah Long chipped in 12 points while Chris Wray finished with eight points, 11 rebounds and four assists.
- Mount St. Mary's is in first place with a 12-3 record in Northeast Conference play this season. The 12 NEC wins are tied for the second-most by a Mount team since joining the NEC in 1989-90. The 1995-96 team went 16-2 to win the Mount's lone NEC regular season title. The Mount went 12-6 in 2009-10, 2008-09 and 1994-95.
The game with Fairleigh Dickinson concludes a four-game road trip for the Mountaineers.
- The Mount is 7-11 on the road this season, including 6-2 in Northeast Conference games. The Mount is 2-1 so far on the trip with wins at Saint Francis U and Robert Morris coming before the loss to Wagner.
- Chris Wray pulled down 11 rebounds in the Mount's 69-65 loss to Wagner. It is his sixth game with 10 or more rebounds this season, and his third over the past five contests. Wray is averaging a team-high 7.3 rebounds per game in Northeast Conference play.
- Redshirt sophomore center Mawdo Sallah had a career-high 14 points while adding nine rebounds at Wagner. Sallah is averaging 12.0 points and 8.0 rebounds over the past two games. In NEC play, the 6-9 forward is averaging 7.3 points and 5.7 boards while shooting 55.7 percent from the field.
- Greg Alexander leads the team with 62 three-point field goals made this season. He is 62-for-164 (.378) from beyond the arc, and he has made two or more three-pointers in 20 of the 27 games he has played this year.