Feb 15, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (14-13, 12-2 NEC) at WAGNER (12-12, 8-6 NEC)
Thursday, February 16, 2017, 7 pm
Spiro Sports Center, Staten Island, N.Y.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- The Mount moved to 12-2 in the Northeast Conference with an 81-62 win at Saint Francis U on Saturday. With the score tied, 55-55, the Mount scored 24 consecutive points to earn the win. The Mount started the run with six straight makes from three-point range. Mount St. Mary's finished the game 14-of-31 (.452) from beyond the arc. Elijah Long poured in 25 points while adding eight assists, six rebounds and three steals for the Mount while Miles Wilson added 20 points and seven rebounds.
- Mount St. Mary's is in first place with a 12-2 record in Northeast Conference play this season. The 12 NEC wins are tied for the second-most by a Mount team since joining the NEC in 1989-90. The 1995-96 team went 16-2 to win the Mount's lone NEC regular season title. The Mount went 12-6 in 2009-10, 2008-09 and 1994-95.
- The Mount's win at Saint Francis U gives the Mount a 6-1 record in road games in Northeast Conference play, clinching a winning record in road NEC contests. The last time the Mount had a winning record on the road in NEC play was when the team went 6-3 during the 2007-08 season.
- After opening the season with a 1-11 record, the Mount has won 13 of the past 15 games to move over .500 (14-13) for the first time this season. The Mount and Norfolk State are the lone team in the nation to have winning and losing streaks of eight or more games this year.
- Elijah Long scored 25 points while Miles Wilson added 20 in the Mount's 81-62 win at Saint Francis U on Saturday. It is the second time this year that the pair have scored 20 or more points in the same game. They also achieved the feat at UT Arlington when Long scored 27 and Wilson 26.
- Speaking of 20-point games, the Mount has had four different players score 20 or more points in a game this season. Elijah Long has done it five times, Junior Robinson and Miles Wilson three each, and Chris Wray once.