Feb 10, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (13-13, 11-2 NEC) at SAINT FRANCIS U (11-13, 8-5 NEC)
Saturday, February 11, 2017, 1:00 p.m.
DeGol Arena, Loretto, PA
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's held off a late Robert Morris rally for a 74-70 win on Thursday night at the Sewall Center. Junior Robinson scored a career-high 28 points to pace the Mount in the win while Greg Alexander chipped in 11 points and seven rebounds off the bench. The Mount held a 69-57 lead with 3:42 remaining after a pair of Alexander free throws. The Colonials scored the next 11 points, capping the run with a Kavon Stewart lay-up with 42 seconds left. Stewart was called for a technical foul after the basket, and Robinson hit 1-of-2 at the line. He then sealed the win with a tough drive to the basket with 18 seconds on the clock to make it 72-68.
- Junior Robinson became the 47th player in Mount St. Mary's basketball history to reach 1,000 career points with his 28-point game at Robert Morris. Robinson is currently tied for 43rd all-time with 1,014 career points.
- The Mount's win at Robert Morris gives the Mount a 5-1 record in road games in Northeast Conference play, clinching a winning record in road NEC contests. The last time the Mount had a winning record on the road in NEC play was when the team went 6-3 during the 2007-08 season.
- The Mount has 11 NEC wins this season, the third time in five seasons under head coach Jamion Christian that the Mount has won 11 games in league play. The Mount has not won 12 or more NEC games since going 12-6 in 2009-10.
- Mount St. Mary's leads the NEC in blocked shots, averaging 4.46 per game. Mawdo Sallah and Chris Wray are tied for second in the conference, averaging 1.46 blocks.
- The Mountaineers leads the NEC in scoring defense in league games, allowing 63.0 points per game. The Mount is also second in KenPom's defensive efficiency rankings, allowing 95.1 points per 100 possessions in NEC games this year.