Feb 08, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (12-13, 10-2 NEC) at ROBERT MORRIS (9-16, 5-7 NEC)
Thursday, February 9, 2017, 7:00 p.m.
Charles L. Sewall Center, Moon Township, Pa.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's had its eight-game win streak snapped in a 54-52 loss to Central Connecticut at Knott Arena on Saturday. The Mount led CCSU, 43-28, with 14:24 remaining, but the Blue Devils outscored the Mount, 26-to-6, over the next 14:01 to take a 54-49 lead. The Mount's Greg Alexander hit a three-pointer with 13 seconds left, and after a turnover, the Mount had three chances to win or tie the game. Elijah Long missed a three-pointer, and Chris Wray had two putback attempts that rattled out. CCSU missed a pair of free throws with 2.6 seconds left, but Wray's desperation shot from beyond half court hit back iron, allowing CCSU to earn the win. Long led the Mount with 10 points, six assists and three steals while Wray had a game-high 11 rebounds.
- Despite the loss to CCSU, the Mount holds a two-game game over second place Fairleigh Dickinson and Saint Francis U in the NEC standings.
- The Mount's matchup at Robert Morris is the start of a four-game road trip that also includes games at Saint Francis U, Wagner and Fairleigh Dickinson. The Mountaineers are 5-10 on the road this season, including 4-1 in Northeast Conference games.
- Mount St. Mary's is the only team in the country to have a winning streak and a losing streak of eight or more games this season.
- The Mount has held the opponent to 54 points or less in four of the past five games. Opponents are averaging 54.2 points and shooting 36.6 percent from the field over that stretch.
- Chris Wray has grabbed 11 rebounds in each of the past two games. Wray now has five games with double figures in rebounds, including a career-high 13 at Sacred Heart on Jan. 19. Wray is averaging 8.7 rebounds and 2.5 blocks over the past six games.