Feb 03, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (12-12, 10-1 NEC) vs. CENTRAL CONNECTICUT (4-18, 2-9 NEC)
Saturday, February 4, 2017, 4:00 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's men's basketball puts its eight-game win streak on the line on Saturday afternoon when Central Connecticut visits Knott Arena for a 4:00 p.m. matchup. The Mountaineers lead the Northeast Conference with a 10-1 league record, two games ahead of second-place Fairleigh Dickinson. At halftime of Saturday's game, the Mount will retire the jersey number of former Mount star and fan favorite Chris McGuthrie.
- Elijah Long and Miles Wilson combined to score 40 points to lead Mount St. Mary's past Bryant, 77-70, before a raucous crowd at Knott Arena on Thursday night. Long finished the game with 21 points, seven rebounds, five assists and three steals while Wilson hit 8-of-10 from the field en route to his 19-point effort. Junior Robinson chipped in 15 points while Chris Wray added nine points, 11 rebounds and three blocks in the victory. The Mount shot 59.6 percent from the field in the game.
- The Mount's 10-1 start in Northeast Conference play is the team's best-ever since joining the NEC in 1989-90. The Mount has won eight in a row for the first time since a nine-game win streak in February/March of 2013.
- In the KenPom efficiency rankings, the Mount is the only team in the league to be in the top three in both offensive and defensive efficiency in NEC games. The Mount is second in defensive efficiency (95.6) and is third in offense (104.5).
- Mount St. Mary's is the only team in the country to have a winning streak and a losing streak of eight or more games this season. The last time the Mount did that was during the 2009-10 season when the Mount had both a nine-game losing streak and an 11-game win streak.
- Chris Wray is second in the Northeast Conference with 1.46 blocks per game. Wray had three blocks in the win over Bryant on Thursday, and is averaging 2.27 blocks per game in NEC play.
- Freshman Miles Wilson hit 8-of-10 from the field while scoring 19 points in the Mount's 77-70 win over Bryant. Wilson is averaging 13.4 points and 3.4 rebounds while shooting 54.4 percent from the floor during the Mount's eight-game win streak.