Jan 31, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (11-12, 9-1 NEC) vs. BRYANT (8-15, 5-5 NEC)
Thursday, February 2, 2017, 7:00 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- The Mountaineers stretched their win streak to seven with a 67-53 home win over Sacred Heart on Saturday. Elijah Long led the way with 15 points, six rebounds and six assists. Trailing by three early in the second half, the Mount went on a 19-to-6 run to take a 54-44 lead. The Mount defense was the difference, holding Sacred Heart to 17 second-half points. The Mount held the Pioneers scoreless for the final 5:24 of the game.
- The Mount's 9-1 start in Northeast Conference play is the team's best-ever since joining the NEC in 1989-90. The Mount has won seven in a row for the first time since a nine-game win streak in February/March of 2013.
- In the KenPom efficiency rankings, the Mount is the only team in the league to be in the top three in both offensive and defensive efficiency in NEC games. The Mount has the top-ranked defensive efficiency (94.0) and is third in offense (102.7).
- The Mount has picked it up on the defensive end, allowing just 49.0 points and 33.5 percent shooting over the past three games. The Mount leads the Northeast Conference in scoring defense (62.5) and defensive efficiency (94.0) in league games this year. Mount St. Mary's has led the NEC in defensive efficiency in each of the past two seasons.
- Guard Junior Robinson is averaging 15.0 points over the past six games. Robinson is shooting 48.2 percent from the field and 44.3 percent from three-point range over that stretch.
- The Mount has outrebounded the opponent in four of the past seven games after being outrebounded in each of the first 16 games. The Mountaineers are 4-0 this season and 30-7 under head coach Jamion Christian when holding the advantage on the boards.