MOUNT ST. MARY'S (9-12, 7-1 NEC) vs. ROBERT MORRIS (7-14, 3-5 NEC)
Thursday, January 26, 2017, 7:00 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
WATCH: CBS Sports Network
LISTEN: WFMD (Adam Pohl)
PROMOTION: 1st 1,000 Fans Get Free T-Shirt; White Out (All fans wear white)
MOUNT STORY LINES
- The Mount used a strong defensive effort in a 55-47 win at St. Francis Brooklyn on Saturday. Junior Robinson led the way with a team-high 19 points while Elijah Long added his second career double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. The Mount held St. Francis Brooklyn to 31.1 percent shooting in the game. The Mount held its largest lead of the game, 44-31, with 11 minutes left in regulation. The Terriers cut the gap to five with 2:08 left, but would get no closer.
- The Mount's 7-1 start in Northeast Conference play is the team's best-ever since joining the NEC in 1989-90. The Mount has won five in a row for the first time since a nine-game win streak in February/March of 2013.
- Junior forward Chris Wray is one of the most versatile players in the Northeast Conference. Wray grabbed a career-high 13 rebounds in the win over Sacred Heart, and is averaging 11.0 boards over the past two games. In NEC games, Wray is averaging 9.8 points, 6.8 rebounds, 2.0 blocks and 1.5 assists while shooting 64.2 percent from the field.
- Elijah Long recorded his second career double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds at St. Francis Brooklyn. He is the first Mount player to have a points-rebounds and a points-assists double-double in the same season since Gregory Harris during the 1997-98 season.
- Mount St. Mary's is 8-1 over its past nine games, averaging 72.8 points per game while shooting 49.5 percent from the field and 42.4 percent from three-point range. Over that stretch, the Mount is +9.0 in scoring margin.
- Guard Junior Robinson continues to climb the Mount's career scoring list. Robinson is 51st all-time at the Mount with 934 career points in 84 games. He needs 66 points to become the 46th player in Mount history to reach the 1,000-point plateau.