Jan 13, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (6-12, 4-1 NEC) vs. SAINT FRANCIS U (6-10, 3-2 NEC)
Saturday, January 14, 2017, 4:00 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's closed the game with a 7-0 run to post a 77-70 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson at Knott Arena on Thursday night. Elijah Long recorded three points, two steals and an assist while drawing a charge in the final 1:07 to lead the Mount to victory. Long finished with 14 points, a career-high 12 assists, seven rebounds and five steals. His 12 assists are the most by a Mount player in a game since Riley Inge had 12 against Wagner on January 18, 1994. Junior Robinson chipped in 16 points, including four in the final minute, while dishing out seven assists in the win.
- Elijah Long recorded his first career double-double with 14 points and a career-high 12 assists in the win over Fairleigh Dickinson. The 12 assists are the most by a Mount player since Riley Inge had 12 against Wagner on January 18, 1994. Julian Norfleet had the Mount's last points-assists double-double against FDU on Jan. 31, 2014.
- The Mount has won five of its past six games, averaging 72.7 points while shooting 49.8 percent from the field over that stretch.
- Greg Alexander scored 16 of his career-high 19 points in the first half of the Mount's win over FDU on Thursday. Alexander was 5-for-11 from three-point range, and is now 36-of-96 (.375) on the season. He leads the team in three-point field goals made and attempted.
- Junior Robinson has scored in double figures in each of the past 10 games, averaging a team-high 14.3 points over that stretch. Robinson scored 16 points while dishing out seven assists in the Mount's 77-70 win over Fairleigh Dickinson on Thursday night.
- Mount St. Mary's recorded 22 assists on the team's 28 baskets in the win over FDU. The Mount is averaging 15.0 assists per game over the past six games after averaging 9.75 over the first 12 games this season.