Jan 11, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (5-12, 3-1 NEC) vs. FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON (6-9, 4-0 NEC)
Thursday, January 12, 2017, 7:00 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Miles Wilson scored a team-high 21 points to lead Mount St. Mary's to a 77-68 win at Central Connecticut on Saturday. Chris Wray added 13 points, seven rebounds, five assists and four blocks as the Mountaineers have won four of their past five games. Leading by two early in the second half, the Mount went on a 15-to-4 run to take its biggest lead of the game at 49-36. CCSU was able to cut the gap to four, but could get no closer. The Mount shot 50.9 percent from the field, and held a 35-30 advantage on the boards.
- Freshman Miles Wilson is averaging a team-best 14.8 points per game in NEC play this year. Wilson is shooting 48.8 percent from the field during conference games. He has reached double figures in seven of the past eight games, averaging 14.1 points while shooting 50.7 percent from the field and 82.4 percent from the foul line over that stretch.
- Mount St. Mary's has six of its next eight games at Knott Arena. The Mountaineers are 40-14 (.741) at home under head coach Jamion Christian and are 52-20 (.722) in NEC home games since 2008.
- Junior Chris Wray has stepped up his game in Northeast Conference play. The 6-8 forward is averaging 11.5 points, 5.8 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.8 blocks in league games this year. He is shooting 66.7 percent (20-of-30) from the floor in league play.
- Redshirt sophomore forward Mawdo Sallah is the Mount's top rebounder at 6.1 per game this year. Sallah is averaging 7.0 points and 6.2 rebounds over the past five games. He has tallied five or more rebounds in 11 of the Mount's 17 games, including each of the past five.
- The Mountaineers have been taking care of the basketball in NEC play, averaging just 10.0 turnovers per game in league games. Over the past three games, the Mount is averaging 8.0 turnovers per game.