Jan 06, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (4-12, 2-1 NEC) at CENTRAL CONNECTICUT (2-12, 0-3 NEC)
Saturday, January 7, 2017, 3:30 p.m.
Detrick Gymnasium, New Britain, Conn.
MOUNT STORY LINES
- Mount St. Mary's had its three-game win streak snapped in a 72-71 loss at Bryant on Thursday night. The Mount saw Bryant rally for the win at the free throw line. The Bulldogs evened the score at 71-71 on a Marcel Pettway free throw with 25 seconds left, and took the lead on a Dan Garvin free throw with 5.1 seconds remaining. The Mount's Junior Robinson was off the mark on a 30-foot shot attempt at the buzzer. Miles Wilson and Chris Wray paced the Mount with 18 points each in the loss.
- The Mount's three Northeast Conference games this season have been decided by a total of four points. The Mount opened league play with a 67-65 win at LIU Brooklyn on Chris Wray's length of the court running lay-up at the buzzer. Wray blocked the potential game-winning lay-up at the buzzer two days later in a 57-56 win over Wagner. Thursday night, the Mountaineers were edged at Bryant, 72-71.
- The Mount has four players averaging double figures in scoring in NEC games. Elijah Long leads the way at 13.7 points per game along with Junior Robinson (13.0), Miles Wilson (12.7) and Chris Wray (11.0).
- Junior Robinson is currently tied for seventh in the nation in free throw percentage, shooting 93.0 percent (40-of-43) at the line this year.
- Junior Chris Wray scored 18 points on 9-of-11 shooting in the Mount's loss at Bryant on Thursday. Wray is averaging 11.0 points and 5.8 rebounds over the past four games, hitting 20-of-29 (.680) from the field. Wray leads the Mount in field goal percentage at 57.3 percent this year.
- Freshman Miles Wilson scored 18 points in the Mount's 72-71 loss at Bryant on Thursday night. Wilson has scored in double figures in six of the past seven games, and is averaging 13.1 points over that stretch. He has reached double figures in scoring in 10 of the Mount's 16 games.