Jan 04, 2017
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (4-11, 2-0 NEC) at BRYANT (3-11, 0-2 NEC)
Thursday, January 5, 2017, 7:00 p.m.
Chace Athletic Center, Smithfield, R.I.
- Chris Wray's block of a Corey Henson lay-up attempt at the buzzer preserved a 57-56 win over Wagner on New Year's Eve at Knott Arena. Elijah Long hit a pair of free throws with 28.6 seconds remaining to give the Mount the lead. Miles Wilson led the Mountaineers with 13 points while Wilson added 12. Mount St. Mary's held a 31-16 lead at the half and led by 17 points early in the second stanza before Wagner rallied.
- Chris Wray had quite a week to open Northeast Conference play. He drove the length of the court in 4.2 seconds for the game-winning basket at the buzzer to lift the Mount past LIU Brooklyn, 67-65. He then blocked the potential game-winning shot at the buzzer two days later in the Mount's 57-56 victory over Wagner.
- Guard Junior Robinson has scored in double figures in each of the past seven games for the Mountaineers. He is averaging a team-high 14.0 points over that span, shooting 42.3 percent from the field and 38.7 percent from three-point range.
- Mount St. Mary's is second in the Northeast Conference in three-point field goal percentage at 36.3 percent. The Mount is shooting 42.9 percent from beyond the arc over the past four games.
- The Mount is looking to start 3-0 in Northeast Conference play for the second consecutive season. The Mount has started 3-0 in NEC play just three times (2004-05, 2007-08 and 2015-16) since joining the conference in 1989-90. The Mountaineers have never opened NEC play with a 4-0 record.
- Freshman Miles Wilson scored a team-high 13 points in the Mount's 57-56 win over Wagner on New Year's Eve. Wilson has reached double figures in five of the past six games, averaging 12.3 points over that span. He scored a season-high 26 points at UT Arlington on November 23.