Dec 30, 2016
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (3-11, 1-0 NEC) vs. WAGNER (5-6, 1-0 NEC)
Saturday, December 31, 2016, 2 pm
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
- Chris Wray's buzzer beater lifted the Mount to a 67-65 win at LIU Brooklyn on Thursday. With 4.2 seconds remaining, Wray received the inbounds pass, dribbled the length of the court, and beat the buzzer with a running left-handed lay-up at the buzzer for the win. Elijah Long paced the Mount with 21 points, going 4-for-4 from three-point range. Junior Robinson made some key plays down the stretch to finish with 13 points while Mawdo Sallah chipped in 11 points and six rebounds. The Mount rallied from an 11-point second half deficit to defeat LIU Brooklyn in the NEC opener for the second consecutive season.
- Elijah Long led the Mount with 21 points in the win at LIU Brooklyn. Long was 4-for-4 from three-point range in the win, and he is now shooting 48.7 percent (19-of-39) from beyond the arc on the season.
- Junior Robinson scored 13 points in the win at LIU Brooklyn, and has now scored in double figures in each of the past six games. Robinson is averaging 14.7 points over that stretch.
- The Mount is holding the opposition to 37.0 percent shooting over the past two games, including 5-fo-26 (.192) from three-point range.
- Mount St. Mary's was 8-for-19 (.421) from three-point range in the win at LIU Brooklyn. The Mountaineers are shooting 43.2 percent from beyond the arc over the past four games (41-of-95), including a 16-for-25 (.640) performance in the Mount's 87-49 win over Coppin State.
- Mawdo Sallah scored a career-high 11 points in the Mount's 67-65 win at LIU Brooklyn. Sallah is shooting 62.5 percent (15-of-24) from the field over the past five games. He is averaging 4.6 points and a team-high 6.1 rebounds this season.